Mobile BankingEnroll in Online Banking
Managing your accounts is a breeze with our mobile banking app. Utilize our Bill Pay service to pay your bills, view account activity, transfer funds or deposit checks remotely all from your mobile phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I do on the app?
- Transfer funds between accounts (i.e. checking, regular shares, club accounts)
- Make a mobile deposit(s)
- Pay your bills, friends, or a loan securely via our Bill Pay service
- Advance from lines of credits
- Set up Member to Member transfers
- View e-Statements
- Set up alerts
- Order checks
- Send secure messages to the credit union
- Request a check withdrawal (checks will be mailed to the address on file, be sure to verify this information prior to requesting a check)
- Find ATM locations
How soon after establishing my membership can I use mobile banking?
What are my credentials to log into the mobile app?
They are the same credentials that you use to log into your account using a desk computer or a laptop.
What if I don't remember my password/security questions?
Click on the "forgot password" option or give us a call to reset your credentials.
Does my joint owner on the account have different login information?
Yes! Joint owners need to contact the credit union directly to have an online banking profile created. We will need the following info from the joint owner(s):
- Username (your choice, must contain letters and numbers)
- Email address
Can I transfer between my own accounts?
Yes. You can transfer to and from any regular shares, club(s), checking account(s) or lines of credit loan(s).
Can I make deposits using the app?
Yes. You can deposit checks by taking a picture using the "mobile deposit" feature on the app.
How should I endorse the checks?
For mobile deposit only- Northern Illinois FCU / NIFCU
How large of a check can I deposit via the mobile app?
$3,000 is the max limit you can deposit per transaction through the app.
How long after I deposit a check using the app will the funds be available to me?
For most checks, funds are typically available the same day.
Do I need to retain the physical check after I deposit it through the app?
It is suggested to retain the physical checks for 45 days.
Can I transfer to another NIFCU member's account?
Yes. When you are signed into your app under the more option:
- Click on the Member To member Transfer
- Click on the Add Member to Member Account
- Enter a Display Name (this is for your own personal recognition)
- Enter their Last Name (as its listed on their account)
- Enter their Account number (i.e. member number)
- Confirm their Account number
- Select the account type (i.e. checking or savings)
- Click on Add
What alerts can I set up through the app?
- Balance Alerts
- Direct Deposit Alerts
- Direct Debit (Transaction) Alerts
- Check Clearing Alerts
- Past Due Loan Alerts
Can I view my e-statements though the mobile app?
Yes. You have the same access to the amount of e-statements available online.
Can I send messages to the credit union?
Yes. Send us any questions, general inquiries or feedback through the secure messaging feature on the app.